The Apache Flink community released the next bugfix version of the Apache Flink 1.12 series.
This release includes 76 fixes and minor improvements for Flink 1.12.4. The list below includes a detailed list of all fixes and improvements.
We highly recommend all users to upgrade to Flink 1.12.5.
Updated Maven dependencies:
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId> <artifactId>flink-java</artifactId> <version>1.12.5</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId> <artifactId>flink-streaming-java_2.11</artifactId> <version>1.12.5</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId> <artifactId>flink-clients_2.11</artifactId> <version>1.12.5</version> </dependency>
You can find the binaries on the updated Downloads page.
Release Notes - Flink - Version 1.12.5
- [FLINK-19925] - Errors$NativeIoException: readAddress(..) failed: Connection reset by peer
- [FLINK-20321] - Get NPE when using AvroDeserializationSchema to deserialize null input
- [FLINK-20888] - ContinuousFileReaderOperator should not close the output on close()
- [FLINK-21329] - "Local recovery and sticky scheduling end-to-end test" does not finish within 600 seconds
- [FLINK-21445] - Application mode does not set the configuration when building PackagedProgram
- [FLINK-21469] - stop-with-savepoint --drain doesn't advance watermark for sources chained to MultipleInputStreamTask
- [FLINK-21952] - Make all the "Connection reset by peer" exception wrapped as RemoteTransportException
- [FLINK-22015] - SQL filter containing OR and IS NULL will produce an incorrect result.
- [FLINK-22105] - SubtaskCheckpointCoordinatorTest.testForceAlignedCheckpointResultingInPriorityEvents unstable
- [FLINK-22157] - Join & Select a part of composite primary key will cause ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
- [FLINK-22312] - YARNSessionFIFOSecuredITCase>YARNSessionFIFOITCase.checkForProhibitedLogContents due to the heartbeat exception with Yarn RM
- [FLINK-22408] - Flink Table Parsr Hive Drop Partitions Syntax unparse is Error
- [FLINK-22419] - testScheduleRunAsync fail
- [FLINK-22434] - Dispatcher does not store suspended jobs in execution graph store
- [FLINK-22443] - can not be execute an extreme long sql under batch mode
- [FLINK-22494] - Avoid discarding checkpoints in case of failure
- [FLINK-22496] - ClusterEntrypointTest.testCloseAsyncShouldBeExecutedInShutdownHook failed
- [FLINK-22502] - DefaultCompletedCheckpointStore drops unrecoverable checkpoints silently
- [FLINK-22547] - OperatorCoordinatorHolderTest. verifyCheckpointEventOrderWhenCheckpointFutureCompletesLate fail
- [FLINK-22564] - Kubernetes-related ITCases do not fail even in case of failure
- [FLINK-22592] - numBuffersInLocal is always zero when using unaligned checkpoints
- [FLINK-22613] - FlinkKinesisITCase.testStopWithSavepoint fails
- [FLINK-22683] - The total Flink/process memory of memoryConfiguration in /taskmanagers can be null or incorrect value
- [FLINK-22698] - RabbitMQ source does not stop unless message arrives in queue
- [FLINK-22704] - ZooKeeperHaServicesTest.testCleanupJobData failed
- [FLINK-22721] - Breaking HighAvailabilityServices interface by adding new method
- [FLINK-22733] - Type mismatch thrown in DataStream.union if parameter is KeyedStream for Python DataStream API
- [FLINK-22756] - DispatcherTest.testJobStatusIsShownDuringTermination fail
- [FLINK-22788] - Code of equals method grows beyond 64 KB
- [FLINK-22814] - New sources are not defining/exposing checkpointStartDelayNanos metric
- [FLINK-22815] - Disable unaligned checkpoints for broadcast partitioning
- [FLINK-22819] - YARNFileReplicationITCase fails with "The YARN application unexpectedly switched to state FAILED during deployment"
- [FLINK-22820] - Stopping Yarn session cluster will cause fatal error
- [FLINK-22833] - Source tasks (both old and new) are not reporting checkpointStartDelay via CheckpointMetrics
- [FLINK-22856] - Move our Azure pipelines away from Ubuntu 16.04 by September
- [FLINK-22886] - Thread leak in RocksDBStateUploader
- [FLINK-22898] - HiveParallelismInference limit return wrong parallelism
- [FLINK-22908] - FileExecutionGraphInfoStoreTest.testPutSuspendedJobOnClusterShutdown should wait until job is running
- [FLINK-22927] - Exception on JobClient.get_job_status().result()
- [FLINK-22946] - Network buffer deadlock introduced by unaligned checkpoint
- [FLINK-22952] - docs_404_check fail on azure due to ruby version not available
- [FLINK-22963] - The description of taskmanager.memory.task.heap.size in the official document is incorrect
- [FLINK-22964] - Connector-base exposes dependency to flink-core.
- [FLINK-22987] - Scala suffix check isn't working
- [FLINK-23010] - HivePartitionFetcherContextBase::getComparablePartitionValueList can return partitions that don't exist
- [FLINK-23030] - PartitionRequestClientFactory#createPartitionRequestClient should throw when network failure
- [FLINK-23045] - RunnablesTest.testExecutorService_uncaughtExceptionHandler fails on azure
- [FLINK-23074] - There is a class conflict between flink-connector-hive and flink-parquet
- [FLINK-23076] - DispatcherTest.testWaitingForJobMasterLeadership fails on azure
- [FLINK-23119] - Fix the issue that the exception that General Python UDAF is unsupported is not thrown in Compile Stage.
- [FLINK-23120] - ByteArrayWrapperSerializer.serialize should use writeInt to serialize the length
- [FLINK-23133] - The dependencies are not handled properly when mixing use of Python Table API and Python DataStream API
- [FLINK-23135] - Flink SQL Error while applying rule AggregateReduceGroupingRule
- [FLINK-23164] - JobMasterTest.testMultipleStartsWork unstable on azure
- [FLINK-23166] - ZipUtils doesn't handle properly for softlinks inside the zip file
- [FLINK-23182] - Connection leak in RMQSource
- [FLINK-23184] - CompileException Assignment conversion not possible from type "int" to type "short"
- [FLINK-23201] - The check on alignmentDurationNanos seems to be too strict
- [FLINK-23223] - When flushAlways is enabled the subpartition may lose notification of data availability
- [FLINK-23233] - OperatorEventSendingCheckpointITCase.testOperatorEventLostWithReaderFailure fails on azure
- [FLINK-23248] - SinkWriter is not closed when failing
- [FLINK-23417] - MiniClusterITCase.testHandleBatchJobsWhenNotEnoughSlot fails on Azure
- [FLINK-23429] - State Processor API failed with FileNotFoundException when working with state files on Cloud Storage
- [FLINK-17857] - Kubernetes and docker e2e tests could not run on Mac OS after migration
- [FLINK-18182] - Upgrade AWS SDK in flink-connector-kinesis to include new region af-south-1
- [FLINK-20695] - Zookeeper node under leader and leaderlatch is not deleted after job finished
- [FLINK-21229] - Support ssl connection with schema registry format
- [FLINK-21411] - The components on which Flink depends may contain vulnerabilities. If yes, fix them.
- [FLINK-22708] - Propagate savepoint settings from StreamExecutionEnvironment to StreamGraph
- [FLINK-22747] - Update commons-io to 2.8
- [FLINK-22757] - Update GCS documentation
- [FLINK-22774] - Update Kinesis SQL connector's Guava to 27.0-jre
- [FLINK-22939] - Generalize JDK switch in azure setup
- [FLINK-23009] - Bump up Guava in Kinesis Connector
- [FLINK-23052] - cron_snapshot_deployment_maven unstable on maven
- [FLINK-23312] - Use -Dfast for building e2e tests on AZP